The FoNEW Team is involved in multiple third party funded research projects (i.e. by the SNSF or the SFOE). On this site you can find an overview on ongoing and finished projects including short project summaries and related publications and reports.
We also provide links to associated projects in which FoNEW members are involved in indirect roles or as scientific advisors.
In addition to those external projects the FoNEW Team is regularly participating in the WWZ Förderverein project support (Link).
The FoNEW is leading the upcoming SWEET CoSi consortia. (Link to follow).
The FoNEW Team was furthermore embedded in multiple Swiss Competence Centers for Energy Research financed by Innosuisse:
Main partner in SCCER CREST
and involved in the Joint Activities on “Scenario and Modeling” and “Mobility”
Associated partner in SCCER SOE and SCCER FURIES
Forschungsstelle Nachhaltige Energie- und Wasserversorgung
Peter Merian-Weg 6
Postfach CH-4002 Basel
Tel: +41 (0)61 207 3259
- SNF: Best Practices for Decommissioning of Nuclear Power Plants: How to ensure efficient plant decommissioning under different regulatory schemes
- SFOE: The Future Swiss Electricity Market: Evolution or Revolution?
- SFOE: Modellierung der Erzeugungs- und Systemkapazität (System Adequacy) in der Schweiz im Bereich Strom 2022 (2022)
- SNF: The role of energy storage technologies in the context of the Swiss energy transition (SwissStore) (2017-2021)
- SFOE: Reducing Swiss household energy demand: Modeling and assessing non-monetary incentives (2017-2021)
- SFOE: Modellierung der Erzeugungs- und Systemkapazität (System Adequacy) in der Schweiz im Bereich Strom 2019 (2019)
- NFP70: Assessing Future Electricity Markets (AFEM) (2014 - 2018)
- NFP70: The Future of Swiss Hydropower: An Integrated Economic Assessment of Chances, Threats and Solutions (HP Future) (2014 - 2018)
- SFOE: Modelling the Swiss Gas Market in a European Context (2016 - 2018)
- SFOE: Electricity market design: Policy coordination and zonal configurations (2015 - 2018)
- SFOE: Modellierung der System Adequacy in der Schweiz im Bereich Strom (2017)